Saturday, September 5, 2009

Too Long

I am embarrassed at how long it has been since I have posted to this blog. Life was crazy and busy at the same time. Max Lucado forced me to post. Well, not him personally but his book, "Fearless." One chapter is called "My Child is In Danger" and I realized how guilty I was of that fear. My husband said he was going to take my two sons to see his ailing father. Somehow, the 45 minute drive seemed wrought with drunk drivers, my husband's perceived careless driving that needed my wise intervention (yeah, right) and other dangers. I demanded that my husband call me when he got there. Then ordered my five year old to make sure Daddy calls when he got there. Then told my two year old to make sure Daddy calls when he gets there. I hugged them like they were leaving for Iraq. My heart began to palpitate and realized that I was gripped in fear. Then I recalled how this entire week, month, really if I am honest I feared losing my job because of announcements of a merger and possible reduction in force. I could catalog the fears like a Monk episode: needles, bugs, spiders, anything crawling that I didn't give birth to, etc. Lions, tigers, and bears, oh my! I will be posting a review in the future, as soon as I finish the book. In the interim, the book is worth checking out and the blog is worth checking back in to see whether it made a difference in my life.

No comments: