Friday, September 11, 2009

From Faith to Food

OK so this is a radical change of pace. I have wanted to blog about it ever since I left the Tarheel state but since the birthday girls is a Facebook friend, I was afraid she would see it and be tipped off. This weekend is my Aunt Mary's 60th birthday. I am her namesake. Aunt Mary lives in the big apple but her daughter Sandy decided to throw her a surprise birthday party in Hotlanta because her sister, my Aunt Bertha, has become a Georgia Peach.

Anyway, after staying at two wonderful hotels - yes, I stopped in Columbia, SC and stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at Exit 80, it was wonderful! Hotel #2's concierge in Atl recommended a restaurant called Dreamland. This particular restaurant had been featured on the Food Network and serves the type of foods that keeps the people in the dirty south voluptuous, to put it mildly. So, if you are ever in Atlanta and not watching your caloric intake, Dreamland is a must-eat.

I'll be back to applying the concepts from Fearless to my life when I return home with my two busy boys.

No comments: