Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Post-Birthday

Sandy just sent me pics from my birthday. It made me sort of sad because I miss her and Vaughn so much. She should leave NY and I should leave NC and we should live halfway DC. Unfortunately neither my husband nor her boyfriend are having it. http://sandyjenetephotography.blogspot.com/ Anyway the pics are great.

I did a presentation this week about potty mouths and communication. The same person who is saying poopy head as a child becomes a grown man saying the word shirt without the r in it. The s word in my family is shut up or stupid. The f word is fat. I thought about all these words that we dont want a child to repeat and yet you hear them all over the tv and in life. We need to be cautious in our communications because you cant really take words back.

Anyway, the so-called hurricane didnt do too much down here except derail my training schedule. I still havent gotten my 5miler in. I did do 3.25 this morning on the treadmill which is very different from running in the community.  I may do more after work. Fundraising is tough and is going more slowly than I would like. The fundraising is actually scarier than the thought of 26.2 miles.

No comments: