Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Equipped and ready to go

Yesterday I went shoe shopping for myself and Mom. We ended up with great pairs of Brooks, which made all the difference in the world. Mom is a sort of Martha Stewart perfectionist and gave the sales clerk a hard time that the shoes were mens shoes because they didnt have her size in womens. These shoes were so comfortable and I actually ran faster this morning, which was great. I also bought both of my sons a couple of pair of shoes but not for running, just for back to school and church.

Speaking of church, PJ attends a Christian pre-school. At this school, they do church on Wednesdays and the kids run the aspects of the service except the sermon, which is done by the youth pastor. Today, PJs the pseudo chaplain he gets to lead the prayer and is very excited about it. Last night, when I was talking about a situation, he told me to pray about it and that God would help me. Wisdom from the mouths of babes.

Isaiah 49:16 says I have engraved you on the palms of my hands. My mental image of this is tattoos. We are permanently inked on Gods hands and He doesnt erase us or get it lasered off when we make mistakes. What are we that He is so mindful of us? Thank God that for His love, grace, and mercy.

Peace be multiplied,

Mary - NC

No comments: