Friday, August 29, 2008

That time of the month

Well, its that time of the month. Not for PMS or anything hormonal. The close of the month is invariably hectic for me on my job and it seems like my personal life follows suit, too. For my friends that dont work, they just dont get it. They call me at work like I have time to talk. They call me at home and my children are swinging from chandeliers (not really, I dont have any chandeliers but you get the picture). Why arent they working? No they arent injured and they arent on maternity leave. They dont have children and are not stay-at-home Moms. I actually dont understand the rationale, but there are actually people who lay out while they pursue their dream and they hustle and nickel and dime but yet they are in their forties and no closer to their dream. We all have dreams. Most of us work the proverbial day job until the dream becomes a reality.

But I digress. I am supposed to be living life on purpose but lately I have let the activities of life drive me to distraction. I have surrendered to the madness of this flurry of activity instead of submitting my schedule to God. I am mindful of Psalm 32: 8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you. If I follow Jesus model, he made time to rest, time to fellowship, and time to minister. Side journeys did not throw him off course. He lived his life on purpose.

That time of the month is not an excuse.

Lifeon purpose.

Dare I?

Will you?

No comments: